YAY its Friday!!! Not that I have been going to a 9 to 5 everyday but a couple of days with Josh here to help with Alex will be nice. Tonight I'm going to someone's house to make sushi. Josh is going to Vic's house to watch football with Alex...
By the way, Alex has the WORST diaper rash EVER!! Ugh, its awful...really raw and red and I feel so bad for him. I wonder if this climate makes it harder to heal because the air is so wet here. Anyway, I've been slathering him with 40% desitin...I cant tell yet if its getting better but he seems a little less bothered by it.
He also has TWO teeth coming in on the bottom!! One is farther along than the other and its partway out so when he chews on my arm or my hands I feel the sharp little point.
What is it about those chubby little fists and that whisper soft hair around his ears? No matter how unbearable he is at night (and yes, we're still adjusting to the time change), when I pick him up in the morning and he grins at me around his binky, all I can do is laugh and kiss his chubby cheeks. He is, without a doubt, sent from Heaven.
Well the house is coming along. I'm down to having to organize one room now...of course, its where I've been throwing everything I didnt know where to put. =0) I need to take pictures and post them. We have furniture that was provided by the base...not bad stuff. Most of it is pretty cherry colored wood. Not the cheap pressed wood I was expecting.
Have I mentioned yet how LOUD the planes are when they take off from the runway? Its less than a mile away and my house shakes when they fly over. The fighter jets are even worse. I'll have to take a picture from my living room window. It's kind of cool to see them come and go that close except when Alex is sleeping and I hold my breath in hopes that they don't wake him up.
I'm starting my get healthy and fit plan this coming week!! So excited and nervous at the same time. I loved working out in the past and honestly miss it but I've never come back to it after sitting on my butt for so long either so I'm nervous. BUT I know that some of my exhaustion and lack of energy will improve with a better diet. Josh has started working out pretty hard as well. He is supposed to be going to a 2 week Army Ranger pre course in November so he is training pretty hard and I guess one of his bosses is making him wear a 50lb rucksack throughout the day at work. Ouch. I tried to pick that thing up and almost lost an arm.
Sounds like the monster is waking up. Gotta run....I'll try to do better at posting something every day...but you know, my life is SO BUSY... ha!
Love and miss you all...
xoxoxo
Just a blog...with occasional updates...for my family and friends while we live so far away. We love and miss you all!!!
About Me
- TheRoseBunch
- My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.
I MISS YOU
ReplyDelete...that's all I've to say