About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Date Night (Smiley Face)

Check out Bob watching the neighborhood...



Soooo Josh and I are going to the movies with some friends tonight. YAY... Alex is going to a sitter. Well, he's going to Josh's supervisor's house where their 14 year old daughter is going to babysit. I feel better knowing she'll have adult supervision.
Last night we went over there to eat a burger and hang out for a little bit since it was her (Vanessa - the daughter) birthday party. There were so many 12-17 year olds I think Josh almost had a heart attack at the thought of it being our house someday. I couldnt help but laugh. I really hope we have a girl next. Knowing "how boys think" is going to haunt him until she's 30.

Have I mentioned how ADORABLE my son is? He recently learned to grab his feet... he obviously recognizes his bottle and his binky and reaches for them if you hold them in front of him. He stares at Josh when I'm holding him but sometimes when I leave the room he cries. He talks a lot... lots of different sounds... He likes the dogs and watches them quite a bit. They've been very patient with him and lick his hands when he pulls on them. I'm still a little paranoid and have stayed close but I think they like him too. If he's waking up from a nap and I say "I hear you, Alex...Mommy's coming", Warner runs to Alex's bed and wags his tail waiting for me to pick up the baby.  
I really like it here. Can't believe we've already been here a month and Alex is SIX MONTHS OLD tomorrow!!!! That can't be possible. Josh keeps saying "one is enough" and "we're so done" but everytime we really talk about it he agrees that we can't have just one baby. The question is when do we want to do this again?? Idealy, for him to be able to be around for the whole pregnancy and the first 6 months of life, I'd need to get pregnant now but I am SO not ready for that chain of events. I like our little family of 3. I like working out and getting in shape again. I especially like the simplicity of just having one. So I guess we'll wait a while and see what happens.
They cancelled his pre-ranger course for November. Did I tell you? He was very disappointed. I know they're going to send him eventually but I hate that he was so hyped about it and they lost the class slot. His senior assures him that he WILL BE A RANGER before he leaves this base. ;0)
Check out this plane that was landing when we left the house last night. We're so close to the runway. I wish Ben were here to see the helicopters and planes coming and going. He would love it.




Well I have to go. Just wanted to post something since I know I have so many faithful followers. HA.
I love you...Miss you. See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment