About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Acts of Service

I have come to the conclusion that the way I show love is through Acts of Service. If you've never read the book 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman, you should. Though not everyone agrees with his theory, I find it very plausible and have categorized myself as mentioned above. I do know that I am all of them, to some degree, but have always found it a little self satisfying to do something nice for those I love. All of that being said, my honey is really good about doing the same for me.
I got a 2 hour nap today. No interuptions. "Sleep as long as you want", he said. So sleep I did. I woke up after an hour, looked at the clock, felt the dogs pressed against me and went right back to sleep. It was fantastic. Now if only I could train him to do it every day. =0)

I took an illegal picture. I will not tell you when I took it since it is illegal but this is for Ben again. A few A-10 Thunderbolts. Otherwise known as "warthogs". These things are BEASTS...very cool.




Did you know that the Azores goes through DST? I had no idea. But we set our clocks back an hour last night. Seems like that wouldnt happen way out here in the middle of nowhere but now it's pitch black at 6 or 630p.

We went to the kennels today because Josh has to feed dogs on Sundays. We all went to the gym first and I was supposed to do my cardio upstairs in the kid friendly room (they have a 3x15 space sectioned off with toys) while he did weights but I fed Alex and sat on the floor with him instead. See? I told you I'm hardcore. Anyway, after Josh was done staring at himself pushing weights in the mirrors downstairs we went over to the kennels. I need to get pictures of the dogs. One of them is crazy. His name is 'Devil' and he wears it well. A little brain dead perhaps? The other is 'Lt Dan' and he is so sweet and mild. Well, mild in comparison. Always gentle when I talk to him or invite him to lick my hand. We went outside while they ate. Here are some pictures of Josh and Alex on the training stairs.







My teeny tiny baby boy is 6 months old today... I just cant believe how quick it went. He's such a good boy. so different than he was prior to his surgery. He was so little...
Okay, well its time for me to go take Alex off Josh's hands for a little while. He's watching football and freaking out because someone is beating him in Fantasy Football.

xoxo Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment