(This was from last week...when I REALLY meant to post but got sidetracked)
Best words ever spoken. I tell him I love him all the time. Before he naps or goes to bed I always hold him for a few minutes and sing or hum a song and then rub his hair and kiss his nose and say "I love you" at least 14 times before laying him down. The other day he beat me to it and as I was kissing his nose he said "ay ya yoo mammy". I think I almost cried. Yea, it's that big of a deal.
Some days I get frustrated at the lack of attention I've paid to things that I feel I should have done. (IE laundry, dishes etc) I know I only have one baby and I think sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not good at prioritizing because there are literally days when I do NOTHING about the way the house looks because I'm playing with Alex or I just can't stand to be indoors when it's so pretty outside 24/7. Anyway, I look at people like Janal or Rachel and think "if they can do this with THREE kids, then why can't I do it with one???". But then he kisses me...or brings me a flower...or says "ay ya yoo" and I don't care how many dirty dishes there are in the kitchen and I don't mind the pile of laundry waiting to be folded because I know that before I can blink, Alex is going to be "too big" for all this lovey stuff.
Just a blog...with occasional updates...for my family and friends while we live so far away. We love and miss you all!!!
About Me
- TheRoseBunch
- My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.
Ok you made me tear up!!!! I am waiting on those words!!! My hubby got Katelynn to point to her eye and say "Eye" and point to her heart and say love (she mumbles or skips this part all together) then hurry's and says mama! Makes me smile every time...but can't wait till she says it totaly on her own!!! Just became a stay at home mommy and I am learning what is priority and what is not. I am soaking in every moment!!!! I am so happy to see you being a wonderful mommy! I knew one day you would be!!! Miss you! HUGS!!!
ReplyDelete