About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Dog Beach



I don't know that it's actually called that. But it's how we refer to it. Josh and I have decided to try and take the dogs at least once every time he's on break from work. They love it there. Alex is getting braver but it's still takes a little coaxing to get him to venture out into the water. The dogs, on the other hand, wade right in and start swimming.

I am actually surprised at how much they enjoy it. I thought Warner might like it but I never expected Roxie to. She seems to like it more than he does. Here is a video clip of them swimming out to me. There's a sandbar that goes out pretty far once you walk through several yards of 10 inch water.


Tuesday was Josh's birthday. I made him cupcakes and we had the neighbor boys over to fly those little paper airplanes for a bit before he had to go to work. It was fun. Really low key and we didn't even buy him any presents this year but he's getting some work-out stuff that he wants instead. I think next year I'll make sure Alex has something to give him. Mostly because after Christmas, he's going to understand the whole gift thing more than he would now.
Did I mention that Alex likes the dog crate? The dogs, on the other hand, would prefer not to be in it when the door is closed, but Alex thinks it's cool. And of course, he wants the dogs in it with him.


 I wasn't going to dress up Alex for Halloween but Janal had an old costume that fit him and Josh was working and we were bored. The above picture was taken after he'd been running around with candy for an hour. He was cheesing in Ronan's Spiderman hat. My comedian.

I love this picture of all the boys. Josh was on patrol so he drove by us several times while we were out walking. Alex really did have a lot of fun once he realized the point of the game. Stick the bucket out towards people and they put candy in it? Who wouldn't want to participate in something like that? =o)

Well I suppose I'll go work on dinner.
Anybody want to come over?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment