About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Friday, October 01, 2010

I Should Be Punished

I promised myself I would write in this more often and here I am... a little less than a month since the last update. Ooops.

Well, we still don't have our furniture. We did get the things we'd shipped from Lajes (The Azores) so at least we have a crib and high chair and some kitchen stuff. This loaner furniture is really uncomfortable, though. I think they do that on purpose so you don't try to steal it. Although I would think the print of the fabric would keep that from happening.

So, what's new? Not much. Alex is growing like a weed. I've already given some of his clothes to the neighbors and I'm going to have to get rid of quite a few more items pretty soon. He loooooooves to wear shoes and pretty much insists on having something on his feet all the time. He loves having the dogs around. He can say "bob" but saying Roxie's name is a little harder.



I bet you're thinking you want to come visit me now, aren't you? Yea...it really is THAT pretty. Even better in person. This beach is on part of the island owned by Bellows Air Force Station. They actually have cabins and things that you can rent. All along the beach there are these trees that just make you want to put up a hammock.
We've been spending a lot of time with our neighbors and their kids. Tomorrow we have a "mexican food" night planned. I'm making Andrea's Garnachas and some yummy Guac and Janal is making Quesadillas. I think Jeanna is making Enchiladas. I'm sooo hungry just thinking about it. You want to come, too?
I finally took a  couple videos of the house. It's empty but at least you can see the layout. 
Josh just started working swing shift which SUCKS. He'll be on a 6 on 3 off schedule until he goes to the kennels. That date depends on when someone leaves and frees up a dog. So for now he's working 8 to 10 hour shifts. Blech.





Alex and I went to the Aquarium with Janal and Bender and their kids. He thought it was pretty fantastic.

Ahhh...my boys.
 
Touchdown!!!

Well I have to go. Unfortunately, Ronan (the 19mo old in the middle of the above pic) was just admitted to the ER for severe dehydration. He's already underweight and has been throwing up for about 3 days now. Janal took him to the clinic and they took him in an ambulance to the main hospital. Josh is at work but Bender and Liam are at home so I will probably take them to the hospital here shortly. Keep them in your prayers if you think about it.

Love you guys!!
See you soon??

No comments:

Post a Comment