About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday

Hi guys...




I'm just sitting here freezing in my hotel room while Alex naps. The temperature is either sweaty or freezing. Lol...I probably just don't have the right touch for the thermostate. We have to leave in a little bit to go pick up Josh so we can sign the housing paperwork. Drove by the place yesterday and had a little disappointment. I don't know why I pictured anything else in my head. I know from experience that the military makes duplexes and quadraplexes or whatever but I somehow didn't think our 3 bedroom was going to be in the middle of building of 4 houses. =0) Beggars can't be choosers, right? The biggest annoyance is that our car has to be parked under a SHARED carport. Grrr. I suppose I will survive this frustration as well.

Here is the layout...



Wanted to give you a heads up, tho. I found first class tickets for November for $664 each. I don't expect anyone to visit that soon, but we intend on flying Mom and Dad first class so they'll have more leg room and that's a great price!! Hopefully I'll find more tickets like that when the time comes. Josh did find out from his superiors that he will be deploying. At this point we're not sure when since he is not willing to waive his 6 months on station to deploy earlier than he has to.



He's had to work for the last 3 days. Not full days or anything but a little inprocessing and appointments. Much to my chagrin. But after today he's supposed to be off for a week. Plus, when he does start working, he'll be on the Panama schedule so he'll basically be working 15 days a month. 12 hour shifts but that's what I did for most of my time in the AF and it's not bad at all. (Work M&T, off W&T, work F&S&S...then alternate)



Anyway... we hope to drive around the island and check out the beaches in the next few days. I'll have some pictures soon, I promise.


Here's a picture from the little grill we ate at yesterday...














Miss you...Love you...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are feeling a little down today! I'm so sorry. I hope things feel comfortable and like home to you soon! I'm still anxious to see more pics once you are settled in your spacious home! Love you.

    ReplyDelete