As expected, there wasn't any room for us in temporary lodging on base so we're holed up on the 8th floor of a Best Western next to the highway. I'm not complaining. It's not bad at all. When I think of the price for this room it makes me cringe but since we're not paying the bill, I guess I'll deal with it.
We did find out yesterday that we have a house to move into on the 2nd of September!!! AND...it's a 3 bedroom!! I am SO happy about that. It's not one the brand new homes but it's only 4 years old and they told Josh that if we declined this one and asked for a new one, we'd likely get a 2 bedroom.
The car isn't here yet...so we're renting one for a week. I have to go get it in about an hour. It's in Josh's name but they had him come into work for a few hours so it will just be me and the boy this morning. We hope to get to the Verizon store today as well.
I can't wait to get moved into the house and start grocery shopping. It's hard to get used to paying $1.50 for yogurt in the hotel store.
I hope to get some good pictures later today when we get out. Right now all I have are a few shots from the airplane window as we were flying in.
XOXO
Yah... I can finally post comments :) I'm so glad you made it safely. Hope the next week or so goes by quickly and you can get into your house and get settled. I can't wait to see more pictures and live vicariously through you :) ha ha ha
ReplyDelete