So in light of that little revelation...I'm not going to blab about every single thing that has happened since I posted last. You'll just have to wonder.
Alex is growing way too fast. He's still lazy. Still hasn't crawled...isn't walking on his own...but he did say "ball" on my birthday. Several times, in fact. I have it on video.
His curls make me smile. I don't know where he gets them but I can't bring myself to cut them off yet. Pretty soon his hair is going to be touching his shirt.
I turned 28 this month. I feel like I have absolutely NO idea where the last 10 years went and frankly I'm a little nervous that the next 10 are going to go faster. I want to get every possible ounce of pleasure out of this time in my life. I have never been this happy...this peaceful...this full of life.
I can't tell you how great I've got it. My husband is more than I ever thought I'd be blessed enough to have. My son is the cutest little human I've ever laid eyes on and even when he's wide awake at 2am playing with his toes, it's all I can do not to pick him up and kiss him. He never fails to impress me. He definitely has my heart in his chubby little hands.
I feel like this is the part of my life that I want to bottle up and keep forever. I look around me every single day and see lives that are broken for one reason or another and it just makes me hold on to mine a little tighter. I know it will only get better. I know that marrying my best friend was the smartest thing I've ever done and you can guarantee that I'll never take that for granted.
I guess I should get ready for the gym. Sigh. I've been doing really great going on a regular basis and as much as I enjoy it, it's always a drag getting there. Today Shannon has convinced me to go to spin class. Ha. As if I have the stamina for that.
XO

No comments:
Post a Comment