About Me

My photo
My husband Josh and I have moved to Oahu, Hawaii. We are a military family and we love it. I got out of the Air Force so that my son and I could travel with my husband and I could pursue a degree. I have 2 miniature Dachshunds named Roxanne and Warner. ...I love to be social and hang out with my friends, but I am not a party girl. I miss my best friend Miriam more than words can explain...I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful son whom I adore......I have an awesome family. 3 older sisters...a wise father...and my Mom is my hero. Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri was named after my father's uncle, George A Whiteman who was the first pilot shot down in Pearl Harbor...I was born and lived the first 10 years of my life in Belize, Central America. I hate cold weather...I love the ocean...I make great Iced Tea...I've had 7 teeth pulled to make room in my mouth for braces...I've never had stitches...I love my green eyes...I have 4 tattoos...I have 5 nieces and 3 nephews. My daddy is a preacher...I love the American Flag and what it stands for......I'm sarcastic, strong, happy and extremely blessed.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Frustrated

Today was not one of my better days. It started out great. I took my neighbor Katie and her daughter to a Party store to look for decorations/invitations to her baby shower. I asked her if I could throw her one since she just moved here and doesnt really know anyone. They're an adorable little family with a 2 year old daughter named Madalyn and Katie is pregnant with another girl due in March.

After the party store, we came home to get Alex (he went down for a nap right before we left so I left him with Daddy) with the intention of leaving relatively soon and meeting up with a bunch of the neighborhood girls at the mall so the kids could ride the Christmas train.

Once Alex was ready and we were preparing to leave, I stopped to help Janal put the cover back on Ronan's carseat which I'd promised to do since she wanted to wash it. As I was doing that, Josh came outside to tell me that he was going wake-boarding with a friend and he asked me to put sunscreen on his back. Since I hate the way my rings slip and slide when I have lotion on my hands, I took my rings off and set them on the small table outside our door intending to put them right back on after using the sunscreen. Instead, I walked across the porch to grab a wet wipe to clean my hands and was distracted enough to forget the rings and take Alex to the car to leave. Before pulling away, I realized I wasnt wearing them and ran back up to the porch to get them but they were GONE!!!! 

There were quite a few of us outside when I set them on the table and I think perhaps one of the kids picked them up and then dropped them somewhere once they lost interest in them. I certainly hate to think any alternative. Everyone helped us searched EVERYWHERE we thought they could possibly be. We tore up the grass, we ruined the shrubbery. I finally decided to go to the mall like we'd planned and on the way home stopped to rent a metal detector from a retired Navy gentleman who is coming out tomorrow at 8am to search again since we had no luck with the one I rented.

I've felt sick to my stomach all day about it. Well, that and some other issues a few of you may know about. It's just one of those days that forces me to be thankful that it's a material item that's missing and not my son. Things can always be worse, right? My poor husband is pretty upset about having to pay thousands more dollars on something we don't even have anymore but he's not taking it out on me. He has been really sweet in spite of the fact that I know he's really frustrated. That's how I know I picked the right guy. =o)

Here is a shot of the kids waiting in line for the train. Cute as buttons, aren't they? That's Madalyn standing up and you should already know Liam and Ronan. Tyler is the one with the huge smile in the brown shirt. He's Amy's son and he's 5. The cutie in the yellow shirt is Jolene's son, Ryan.


Amy brought over some train toys that Tyler doesnt play with anymore and they're adorable. Josh and I thought about buying Alex some train stuff but it's so expensive I decided we would wait. Alex loves it tho. Now we just need a train table to put it on.


I guess I'll do the responsible wife thing and clean up the kitchen before I crash.

New Years Eve, tomorrow!!!! What's your New Years Resolution going to be?


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Tia! Hope today is a better day for you AND you find your wedding rings. Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! That has to be really hard! Being very sentimental...I can only imagine how I would feel! I hope it all works out for you! <3

    ReplyDelete